"When it's easy, when it just comes to you, when you feel like you're a heck of a writer, that's when you're probably tired and it's time to call it a day." -Jo Nesbo
"Make [your] characters want something right away--even if it's only a glass of water. Characters paralyzed by the meaninglessness of modern life still have to drink water from time to time." -Debby Applegate
"My best advice to a writer is to read." -Thomas H. Cook
"If you make yourself sit in the chair with your work for 20 minutes, without getting up for the coffee, the answer to your problem will come to you and chances are you'll write past the 20-minute mark." -Sarah Anne Johnson
"I am merely a conduit, the best stories will show us how they wish to be told." -Patricia Smith
"It's not a footrace." -Susan Vreeland
"Park your butt at your desk and get on with it." -Sue Grafton
Just thought these were worth mentioning. I rather enjoyed them. But then again, I'm a big word nerd.
No comments:
Post a Comment