"Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much do the same thing." -Meg Chittenden

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nada, nada, y pues nada

On the subject of my own writing, I really have nothing much to say. I just figured I'd bookmark the date anyways, as it has been so long since I've written anything.

Basically, somehow I got it into my head that once I got back to school I'd have more time to write for my own self. I don't know where I got that notion, since it's completely ludicrous! Along with my job (babysitting three boys!), I'm doing school, which is a full-time job in and of itself if you include study and homework hours. Then I have other miscellaneous tasks to do around the apartment to keep it livable. As it is, my room is a MESS! (Though compared to my standards in high school, it's practically spotless!). The only reason I have time to write in my blogs now is because I've been sick for the past week, and I have the day off today (I have all week, but before this I've been sleeping the whole time).

In any case, here's what I've done in the past two months: nothing!

Well, that's not true. I managed to read two whole books (in a series where I read the first two books in three days when I was at home...just to give you an idea of the difference) that weren't schoolbooks (since I've read a bunch of those). I've also written papers and notes, but that's not creative at all!

A while back I started this story that I've labeled "Dreamwalker" for now (for lack of better title). I probably started it about a year ago, but stopped when I came up with a more interesting story idea. I've been bringing it up every now and then when I think about it, because I actually really like the idea. It's based in reality, but it's about a girl who gets dragged into other people's dreams unwillingly. She goes to WSU and has 3 roommates who are boys, and 4 neighbors who are also boys. That was unintentional, but when I realized that, I decided it was a perfect opportunity for me to play on the "Snow White" story. Not only that, but I had already given her the French pronunciation of Cinderella as a name, and "Sleeping Beauty" for a nickname (as people think she is narcoleptic). I've been working on this one a bunch lately (as in, I managed to write a WHOLE PAGE!!!) in between classes. Though I recently took my editing back out, and I'm planning on dragging it around with me everywhere, so that at least when I get a spare moment I can work on it and maybe FINISH it. I'm still exactly where I was when I headed for school.

All in all, it's been a very unproductive start to my year in the writing department. Quite depressing, I think I'll take a little bit more time out of my day to write a little bit. Maybe once a week. My schedule can handle that, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment