After an additional six months of editing my current work (tentatively titled "The Shadowguard", though I've had some suggestions to remove the "the"), I've finally sent it out for the initial testing: First Reads! Thank you to all my BFR's, and I hope you enjoy!
For myself, I've printed and bound the book, double-spaced and bookmarked, so I can carry it with me wherever I go and edit with my lovely red pen.
I really love my red pen.
Pretty soon, I'll be writing query letters and blurbs, all of which I will post here. I'm trying to think of this as similar to a cover letter, except for my book rather than for me. And a bit more creative. We shall see, I suppose.
For anyone interested, I have some nice acronyms for my editing. Here is the key:
AP = awkward phrasing
RW = rework/rewrite
FTS = fix this crap (S stands for something else, but I changed it for euphemistic purposes)
WSE = worst sentence ever
PP = passive phrase
WC = word choice
CC = check consistency
I also tend to circle repeated words, underline or put in brackets things that should be fixed, and scribble things out that suck. Editing FTW!

No comments:
Post a Comment