"Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much do the same thing." -Meg Chittenden

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Word Funnies

I giggled when I posted this
I don't know why things like this make me laugh so much, but they do. The other day during my break, I saw this picture and bust up laughing. I realize it's only funny if you realize who Noam Chomsky is. In any case, I was in stitches during my break, telling my coworkers about Nim Chimpsky (another funny pun) and snorting over this photo. Nom nom nom.

No, I'm not immune to stupid internet memes.

Another funny :)
In other news, I was completely sidetracked from my sequel to The Shadowguard for a bit with this cool new story I'm writing about a changeling, only I've completely changed up what a changeling actually is and made up a universe to make it make sense. Trust me, the idea's cool, even if the writing itself's kinda lame (it is. I realized it just now. Which is how I decided I should go back to my sequel work).

Editing for book one is still at a standstill. When will I work up the motivation to just break down and REVISE it? No clue. I still have no idea who I'll be sending out query letters to, nor do I really have any plan of attack. I figure I'll take that road when it gets here.

Also...happy December! Christmas is only 25 days away. I realized this today. The other thing I realized is that I have yet to get any Christmas shopping done. Major fail.


No comments:

Post a Comment