Today is one of those days where I have all this crazy energy zipping around through me (despite my lack of sleep) and I am feeling the need to be productive about it rather than do that strange activity--or lack thereof--that happens every night. Who needs sleep anyway, when there are things to write? I spent my day at work pretty much doing the same thing; be productive, create things, laminate things (boy do I love the laminator), and boss children around like nobody's business.
It might be because of the coffee, or possibly because I read several books that I loved a few years ago again. Always love me a good re-read, and for some reason I haven't seemed to have much time for those lately.
Speaking of books, note the picture to the left: in it, my teetering stack of libros is actually about to fall over. Unfortunately, I do not have one space in my apartment that can fit all of my books. If a container is not big enough, it needs to either expand or overflow. You can probably guess which option I took. I have books in my closet, on the shelf above my closet, on my bookshelf (yes, I actually have one), on the floor, on my bed, on and in my dresser, and on my windowsill. Because of sheer lack of space, I started putting several books on my Kindle as well. Gotta roll with the times.
I puled a few lovely books out of one stack earlier this evening, only to have the entire thing topple over on me. So, of course, it inspired a blog post rather than any kind of upset over the mess. I had it coming, really.They say that the best way to become a good writer (besides writing) is to read. So, my recent reads have been: Masques, Steal the Dragon, and When Demons Walk, all by Patricia Briggs. I also read Summers at Castle Auburn, by Sharon Shinn; The Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater; and I started reading my favorite book of all time, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Not exactly my favored genre, but it always leaves me smiling.
On the note of writing: I know I did this last year, and I've done it again. I bought a tablet. This time, it is the Surface (I'm about to sell my iPad). I needed something that was more for working and less for playing. So far, I am very happy with my decision. I'm not sure if it's helping me write more or not, since I wrote on my iPad as well, but since buying it I have written dozens of pages and hundreds of words. Might be a part of my current energy spurt.
Somewhat disorganized, like my books and the rest of my personal life, is my writing. This here is what it looks like when it's all out and I'm working.
![]() |
| Yes, I'm in my bed. It's comfortable and I have no desk. |
When I eventually put it all away, it looks better, though the stickies and books stay out. Also a notepad for my current work. It happens.
In other news, it is winter. Basically. It snowed for the first time in Seattle today, which also happened to be the day I was collecting pine cones for school. Of course. I saw this though, and couldn't resist taking a picture, because as you may or may not know, my life is generally documented through photos (though I use a lot of words to describe them as well). Fall is my favorite season, and I can never resist the way leaves look against the ground, especially when they are all colorful and stuff. It's the best.
And, as always, some things make me appreciate it a little more.
Alright, my lack of sleep last night (from reading, what else?) is catching up to me know. I can tell as the pictures gain in numbers, and the words start to slack off. Also, I'm jumble-typing, though I edit before you can see.
Gotta love the instant gratification of technology these days.





No comments:
Post a Comment