"Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much do the same thing." -Meg Chittenden

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

And the Writing Goes On

My third book in the shadowguard series is in the works! I have it tentatively titled Empire of Souls, which was somehow easier than thinking of a title for book two. Originally, I wanted to call it Shades of Gray, since that made sense both literally and metaphorically for my characters, but that was before I realized there was already a book with that title. And not one I wanted to associate with.

I recently picked up a story I started a year and a half ago as well. It's a rewritten The Little Mermaid (the Hans Christian Andersen version, not the Disney version), from the perspective of one of her sisters. It's going to follow the original story fairly closely (I may have taken a few liberties), with some Greek mythology thrown in for good measure. I'm 46,129 words and 12 chapters in, and dozens of edits away from a final product. I am not sure what I'll do with it when I'm done. Maybe I'll self-publish that one. Who knows? Self-publishing is going fairly well these days.

 

 
 
Also, on a slightly more scary (for me) note, I am allowing more and more people read my books! Yay me! Putting myself out there!

2 comments:

  1. Woot I still need to read the one you sent me. The Little Mermaid version sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is my copy?! :P I'm no good as an editor for you probably but it sounds like something I'd enjoy

    ReplyDelete