"Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much do the same thing." -Meg Chittenden

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Totes Magotes

In my real life, I teach preschool (gotta earn a living somehow!), which if you know me makes total sense. I'm pretty much a 3-year-old. Stupid things amuse me quite a lot, including this year's Valentine's Day Project. AKA the QR Occupation.

I have made a discovery.

My valentines this year look a bit like this. The big one is going up in the staff room, and I'm passing out the smaller ones. No other messages aside from the QR codes--because what else could you possibly need? In this day and age, QR codes are the method for communication, and obviously far superior to that strange thing people sometimes do when they use their vocal chords. Useless.

To read the message, one simply needs a QR scanner (easy peasy for us smartphone users) and has to click through everything. Also, another device to read the code, since half my Valentines are being sent digitally. Impractical? No such thing.

I have been having far too much fun with these lately.

On another note, I have also completed my first draft for my Little Mermaid re-write, and it is printed and currently being edited. I wonder how upset people would be if I published it in QR codes. How long would it take me, at 130 characters per code? 3078 QR codes, according to my Word Count and a little bit of math. But would it be worth it? I'm thinking so.


No comments:

Post a Comment