"Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much do the same thing." -Meg Chittenden

Monday, November 10, 2014

Go Hawks!

Yesterday, the boyfriend and I got to go to the Seahawks game against the NY Giants. Since he's from The Big Apple, he was a little torn on who to root for, but of course he made the right decision. I have to say, I'm surprised at how incredibly loud that stadium is. You hear about it in the news, and that's one thing. Being in the stadium is something else. My ears are still ringing.

The sound in the stadium is crazy, but what can you expect from more than 10% of Seattle's population?
We had awesome seats, so of course we were exposed to the elements. And, it being Seattle, of course the elements were primarily rain, rain, and rain.

The canons only serve to add to the noise
It was a really cool experience to see Russell Wilson live, watch Earl Thomas swipe a ball the Giants tipped in their endzone (also right in front of us!) and participate in activation of Beast Mode. No Skittles necessary. I had a blast, and if you're ever in Seattle and have a couple hundred bucks to spare, this is definitely worth it!

You know what this is
In other news, grad school has completely taken over my writing time. I write a lot, but it's probably not something we're interested in here. That being said, here is the link to my blog for grad school (hooray for teaching!). Let's just keep it on the DL that I'm linking to a WordPress blog from my Blogger blog. Oh boy. I will also include my maps for the Druid Wind, and anything else I think can safely be put up online.

I hope everybody is enjoying fall as much as I am! Happy November, and GO HAWKS!

No Giants fans here!

No comments:

Post a Comment