"Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much do the same thing." -Meg Chittenden

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Dish for a Fish

On a warm, bright and sunny day,
I sat with my lunch in a boat;
In my hand was a wide array,
Of cheese while I ate afloat.

I thought that I was all alone,
with no one to steal my cheese,
When a fish came up from the unknown,
And asked "May I have some please?"

He was certainly not a normal fish,
A barracuda for sure.
But for me to lose my precious dish,
Would be too much to endure.

I stared with lament at my cheese of gold,
Then glanced at the fish with a glare.
He stared at me with his eyes so bold,
And I knew it was only fair.

I passed just one little tiny bit,
To appease that big barracuda.
When I inquired as to whether he liked it,
He replied "Why that cheese is gouda!"

No comments:

Post a Comment