"Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much do the same thing." -Meg Chittenden

Saturday, October 15, 2011

100,000 Words

You may have noticed the little potato writer at the top of this blog before, steadily plugging away at what we can presume to be a novel. He's got a word count going, and an obvious goal. Well, that's me! I literally count my writing by words, and never before have I reached such an auspicious number. 100,000? That's a full-length young adult or adult novel. And since I am choosing to ignore age barriers here (after all, I read books marketed for children and I believe they could be marketed for adults as well. Why must we discriminate by age?), that's a really big book! (For me).
However, the novel is far from finished. Well, not very far, as I am nearing the conclusion. But it'll probably take me at least another month to finish. Just in time to print it out over Thanksgiving break.

Words: 101,207
Pages: 159 (Word, single-spaced)
Chapters: 22
Books: .8

No comments:

Post a Comment