"Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much do the same thing." -Meg Chittenden

Sunday, January 29, 2012

1 Year, 24 Days, 20 Hours, and 1 Minute

How long does it take to write a novel? How many hours are put into it?
For me, certainly more than I actually spend writing.
During most of my downtime, I think about where my story is going and what I need to fix. I spend the time before I sleep thinking about potentials for my story, and often when I am in class that's what I am thinking about as well.
Well, friends, I have come to you today to inform you that my story is finally done.
Now, that does not mean it is finished. I still need to edit out a character, more scenes than I can count, and change the plot in a few small ways. I need to go over grammar and syntax, fix any spelling errors, and rookie mistakes (everyone makes them). But for now, I plan on celebrating with a homework break and a list of "specs" for my story.

Tentative Title: Shadowguard
Word Count: 119,731
Page Count: 188 Single-spaced in Word
Time Consumed: 1 Year, 24 Days, 20 Hours, and 1 Minute
Novel Count: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment