What with my last job being horribly depressing, learning the ropes to my new job, moving to Seattle, and trying to make all these sudden payments on TOP of my current bills, I've been a bit out of touch with writing my blog lately. But fear not! I have not quit writing. Progress has abounded!
Moving to Seattle
In other news, I am also adopting a puppy. He is eight, half blind, and utterly adorable.
This is him:
Ignore that girl in the background. She is the unimportant writer in this bit about the vastly more important Sir Theodore Alonso Poodleton Fluffbutt, of Kensington. Or more fondly known as Teddy. Sir Fluffbutt sounds a bit pompous.
Now, back to writing.
Recently (in May, actually), I discovered the amazing superpowers Hawaii has on a writer's ability to ACTUALLY GET WORK DONE. Kona is a very relaxing place to write, and I practically finished my book while there while also managing to snorkel, sweep the "beach", get bitten by THREE separate lava monsters (long story, but I wound up slicing open my toe...three times), dive with manta rays, and come up with thousands of cheesy manta ray jokes.
What's a manta's favorite book? Fifty Shades of Ray!
Heh, still find that absolutely hilarious.
Well, unfortunately, a return to real life was in order, which quickly put a halt to my amazing progress, and it took until yesterday for me to finish the book, which was really only 6 pages. Sometimes it takes me a bit to get the right feel for an ending.
It must have been fate, though, because the date in my book was July 1st, which also happens to be the date I completed it.
So, I've begun the initial stages of revising (highlighting all the bad stuff), I've gone through six chapters, I've drafted a storyboard (which really means I've just made a list of things I want to happen) for book three, and I've even come up with some kind of tentative titles for the second two books. The Shadowguard was easy, obvious, and simple. Now I'm struggling. Sequels always have such a hard time to live up to the expectations set by the first book.
I'm rambling. It's been too long. This is what happens to me.
Progress Report:
117,238 words
49,890 words added
188 pages
2 chapters revised (still)
24/6 chapters edited


No comments:
Post a Comment