"Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much do the same thing." -Meg Chittenden

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

And My Vote Goes to...NaNoWriMo!

A little tired of all the political bullpoop? I know I am. I voted last week (absentee, you know), so I've been ready to hear the end of it since then.

I wish to make one comment before dropping the political subject completely: Washingtonians, I am proud of you! Thank you for approving R74, because what matters isn't who you love, it's that you love. Also, a shout out to Maryland and Maine. Keep it up America!

On another note, November continues on. As many of us know (and probably are showing), it is No-Shave November. As a female, I can't say that I participate in that. However, I am starting to see the perpetual five o'clock shadows getting scruffier and scruffier. At some point, it gets a bit ridiculous, but we'll deal with that later.

The other November tradition, NaNoWriMo, has more stock in this blog, as I am more or less "participating" (notice the double qualification). In recognition of the fact that it is, in fact, National Novel Writing Month, I have been writing every single day, even if I won't make the goal of 10,000 words. Which is fine, since my novel already has 36,000-ish. Even if I'm only writing a sentence a day, that's okay. The point is simply to spend my evenings doing something I love, to relax, and to celebrate writing in its fullest! I don't drink to it, I don't shout out to the world (except in this blog, which is in itself writing as well). Instead, I celebrate by doing. I don't do this for everything, and I wish I did.

One last November "tradition"--aka HOLIDAY. Thanksgiving! What's not to love about tons of yummy food, spending the day cooking with family, and the four day weekend? I am thankful that I have a job I love, that I am more or less financially stable in this economy, and I am particularly thankful to have Black Friday off, since at my work that is a fought-for day. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment